Thursday, January 11, 2007

The day soccer history was made

Did you see all that coverage today?

This is what I am talking about.

Beware nay-sayers, soccer has arrived in America.

And ontop of all of the greatness David Beckham is about to bring, now reports that Ronaldo will be announced next week comming from espn radio.

I don't want to jinx it, but if Ronaldo goes through too, and the plethora of other players we are now hearing, this league could take bigger steps than I first thought when the DP came in.

I always used to think about if Becks and Ronaldo signed, and we all said it would probably happen, but today was still a shocl of excitement, still a "no way!" reaction.

I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I feel there is good reason to. I think this thing is going to turn into an absolute frenzy as January wears on with signing players, and then also bringing another wave in the summer.

I am going to go ahead and call Del Piero for summer signing for Bruce.

------------------------------

Now, another signature I am hoping for in a different sport.

Chris Webber.

On TNT half-time interview, C-Web specifically mentioned the Nets as the answer to a question about where he would like to go for playing style, he previously said he would want to start...the criteria is matching up well so far.

We could be a bigger player than we thought at first.

1 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful what you wish for. CWebb wasn't good enough to get important minutes on a last place team. There's a reason for that.
CWebb is over the hill-- can't run jump or play defense anymore.

Pro soccer will never make it in America because it is, well, soccer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home