Saturday, January 06, 2007

(Headline)

Can't you tell already this is going to be the greatest piece of writing since the beginning of time?

This is my all inclusive, random thoughts I have not covered in the past couple days post.

Here goes:

-The Nets have life. I know they lost tonight, and Vince Carter looks like he has mono out there, but the team is showing that (let's hope) from now on we will at least see effort put fourth every time they touch the hardwood. We were not seeing that before.

-It is sounding like Red Bull is about to make the signing that will truley bring soccer to America. That's right, according to his agent, Ronald...nope, not Ronaldo, but Ronald Wattereus shuold be announced as a signing in the next couple of days. Wait, who?

Yeah, this looks like a dumb move on a couple of levels. For one he takes up an SI slot, and two he is old. But he is a good goalie, so it is not like he won't produce if he indeed comes, but it is what he may be taking away which would effect the club more.

Then again we don't have bozo the clown running the show anymore and I can trust Bruce Arena's judgment.

If you are looking for signs of a possible bigger signing, soccer has been dead silent today in New York. No updates on any Red Bull sites, nada. This is good news if you are a "quiet before the storm" type person like I (think I) am. To me that signifies something may happen tommorow. I don't know, maybe it is just Steve Jolley memorial day. Did you know that he bled Red Bull, or Metro, instead of blood. How sick is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home